Pokemon Go Safety Tips
- Respect private property, places of business, and places of worship.
- Do not trespass or go places you wouldn’t ordinarily go if you weren’t playing Pokémon Go.
- Stay alert. Pay attention to your surroundings.
- Do not play the game while driving a car, riding a skateboard or bike. You cannot do both safely.
- Supervise children while they play the game.
- Play in groups.
- Trust your instincts. Be cautious about being lured into bad situations and putting yourself in danger.
- A common problem law enforcement is facing concerns speeding while players are searching for Pokémon characters.
- Another problem concerns players being so consumed with the game that when walking they are not paying attention to motorists and often step out into traffic.
- Beware of luring. Criminals can lure people to locations using Pokémon with the intent to commit potentially violent crimes.
- Only download the game from official stores (iTunes and Google Play). Fake games contain viruses.
- Use an alias. Do not use your real name when creating an account.
- Only allow the bare minimum requirements to GPS location.
- Turn off application access to photo gallery.